MQM: Business Analytics
My Program Track:
Business Administration / Economics, 2015
Why I Chose Fuqua
Duke’s Fuqua School of Business is one of the world’s top-ranked business schools, and it has always been my dream business school. I am very impressed by the well-designed program curriculum, strong faculty base, competitive student body, and extensive and diverse alumni networks of Fuqua. The Fuqua community is very strong, and I feel welcomed because everyone is open to others and I can always seek help regardless of whether or not it’s academic. Having a diverse set of people I interact with, I have learned a lot about sharing experiences, trusting others, and being compassionate.
I worked in marketing and business development in San Francisco, the heart of technology innovation. I’m fascinated by the fact that data analytics is transforming business. After getting a glimpse into the real world, I want to take marketing data analytics to the next level at Fuqua.
Upon graduation, I want to apply the cutting-edge technical skills and marketing knowledge that I obtain from Fuqua to my new career as a business analyst in Silicon Valley. I want to be at the center of innovation and the frontlines of the big data movement.
My MQM Track
Prior to Fuqua, I spent 2 years in marketing and business development. Coming in with a traditional marketing background, I am curious to explore how technology is changing marketing. From digital marketing to customer relationship management, market intelligence to pricing, my track-related coursework covers a great variety of analytics approaches. I am eager to empower myself with advanced proficiency in marketing data analytics and gain a deeper understanding of the data-driven problem-solving approach to derive better business decisions.
My Top 5 Fuqua Courses
- My favorite class at Fuqua is Business Communications where I polished my communication skills and learned how to communicate clearly, strategically, persuasively, and collaboratively in professional business settings.
- Data Science for Business introduced me to the fundamental principles of data science and showed me how data influences the decision-making process in business.
- Data Infrastructure empowered me with robust programming skills to access and manipulate data and to create meaningful reports for deriving new insights.
- Building on psychology and behavioral economics, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Collaboration never stopped challenging me to think broadly and deeply about asking the right questions. It also gave me insights on the tools I can use to make effective decisions.
- We got great exposure to digital markets and learned a great variety of strategies in Digital Marketing. We were given the opportunity to work with the Fuqua marketing team on a real-world consulting project to improve the impact of Fuqua’s digital marketing efforts.